As a Body, we want to know God through His Word. When we come together Sunday mornings, it's our hope that the sermon is a culmination and coming-out-of time spent in Scripture throughout the week.
Here's the breakdown of the passages for the first nine Sundays of the King of Kings series. We encourage you to read the passage before the Sunday sermon, to interact with the text (and it's Author!) and come ready to engage on Sunday mornings.
- April 28 - A King Like the Nations - 1 Samuel 8
- May 5 - Saul Becomes King - 1 Samuel 9-10
- May 12th - Saul Disobeys (Act One) - 1 Samuel 11-13
- May 19th - Sins of the Father, Sins of the Son - 1 Samuel 14
- May 26th - Saul Disobeys (Act Two) - 1 Samuel 15
- June 2nd - David Becomes King - 1 Samuel 16
- June 30th - David and Goliath - 1 Samuel 17
- July 7th - Saul and David - 1 Samuel 18-19
- July 14th - David and Jonathon - 1 Samuel 20
See below for links to BibleProject's overview videos, and a link to the Village Church's curriculum (really, its a Bible study) on the book of 1 Samuel.
For our King of Kings series, in lieu of a daily reading plan, we’ll let you know what passage next week’s sermon will cover. We encourage you to do some cross referencing within other parts of the historical narrative, as well as the book of Psalms.
Some resources for more study:
From the Bible Project:
Overview videos and some study questions.
From the Village Church, who just went through I Samuel:
An 11-week study with audio lectures and a workbook