As a Body, we want to know God through His Word. When we come together Sunday mornings, it's our hope that the sermon is a culmination and coming-out-of time spent in Scripture throughout the week.
Here's the breakdown of the passages for the next two months of the King of Kings series. We encourage you to read the passage before the Sunday sermon, to interact with the text (and it's Author!) and come ready to engage on Sunday mornings.
- August 4 - Family Pastor Candidate Ross Skjold - 1 Peter 4.7-11
- August 11 - God's Covenant with David - 2 Samuel 7
- August 18 - David and Mephibosheth- 2 Samuel 9
- August 25 -Ed Lyons with Persecution Project
- September 1- David and Bathsheba - 2 Samuel 11-12
- September 8 -David's Confession - 2 Samuel 12, Psalm 51
- September 15 -David Learns to Count - 2 Samuel 24
- September 22 - David: A Man After God's Own Heart- Psalm 27
- September 29 - Solomon's Wisdom - I Kings 1-3
See below for links to BibleProject's overview videos, and a link to the Village Church's curriculum (really, its a Bible study) on the book of 1 Samuel.
For our King of Kings series, in lieu of a daily reading plan, we’ll let you know what passage next week’s sermon will cover. We encourage you to do some cross referencing within other parts of the historical narrative, as well as the book of Psalms.
Some resources for more study:
From the Bible Project:
Overview videos and some study questions.
From the Village Church, who just went through I Samuel:
An 11-week study with audio lectures and a workbook